- Provide enterprise software package selection and implementation services from an end-user, application consulting perspective.
- Participate in managing the Firm's ERP research by arranging and attending audits/review of software packages to support the package selection practice.
- Manage and contribute to the delivery of package selection projects from inception to completion for low and medium complexity with little or moderate direction from a Senior Manager or Director.
- Manage the implementation of enterprise software on projects of low or medium complexity with little or moderate direction from a Senior Manager or Director.
- Develop and maintain mastery of selected modules of one to two ERP packages and then use these skills to provide training and implementation consulting on client engagements to support the package implementation practice.
- Support Senior Managers' and Directors' business development efforts.
- Maintain chargeable hours of 70 percent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly and periodically send Requests for Information to ERP, Accounting, CRM, and other software vendors to ensure their packages' features are represented in our package selection knowledge/database.
- Verify through research and hands-on demonstrations the accuracy of responses submitted by vendors to our RFIs.
- Produce comparative and analytical reports from our package knowledge/database for clients.
- Lead and manage package selection and gap analysis projects of low and medium complexity. Deliver services by interviewing key managers and users, documenting current and future-state processes, and supporting software requirements.
- Design and develop improvements in the tools, software, and report formats used to support package selection and gap analysis services for clients.
- Support others' efforts to promote and sell package selection and gap analysis services to prospective clients.
- Suggest improvements for the specific content in our package selection knowledge/database.
- Support the Directors' or Senior Managers' efforts in managing vendor relations.
- Develop and maintain proficiency on selected modules of one-two ERP packages supported by the Firm. Selected modules must include two of the following groups: (1) core financials; (2) core manufacturing; or (3) core distribution. In addition, must be proficient in a niche module (such as the configurator, APS, or service module) and capable of developing queries and reports.
- Manage ERP implementation projects of low and medium complexity from inception to completion. Develop initial work breakdown structure of project tasks, resource plans, and estimated/budgeted costs. Chair periodic project status meetings. Monitor project resources and task completion to time and budget constraints. Communicate project status with clients.
- Train client personnel and internal personnel on those modules within specialty in support of ERP implementation, upgrade, and improvement projects.
- Provide implementation consulting on modules within specialty during conference room modelling/analysis sessions in support of ERP implementation, upgrade, and improvement projects.
- Develop specifications and designs for data conversions, customizations, modifications, and personalizations. Communicate with developers to ensure development efforts comply with delivery requirements and costs.
- In some instances, develop custom reports and queries in support of implementation, upgrade and improvement projects; in other instances, develop specifications for the reports and queries and supervise their development.
- Provide hands-on support during cut-over and go-live periods for specialty modules in support of ERP implementation, upgrade, and improvement projects.
- Provide clients with project status reports including actual-to-budget, projections, and issues of concern to ensure the client is abreast of project status.
- Perform periodic billings for clients managed in accordance with Firm policies and client contracts.
- Stay abreast of industry standards and best practices and ensure they are incorporated in our consulting methods.
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a technical, business or non-technical field with related work experience.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CPIM, CPM, PMP, or the like.
- 5 - 10 years of related industry experience.
- 1 - 2 years prior consulting experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience includes demonstrated project management skills.
- Understanding of business tactics, operations, and processes in order to add value to a client's direction.
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, along with practical judgment, across a broad range of businesses with an operational focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable effective communications with all levels of Firm and client management.
- Ability to manage and motivate fellow and clients' employees to meet deadlines, solve problems and change policies, practices and procedures.
Experience: 5 to 7 years